Best Practice in SL Education 07
Here is a short clip that shows what it was like to attend one session... Apparently there were over 900 attendees with many venues - and overflow venues - full.
Presentations were simulcast by the SL Cable Network to screens in the overflow venues in SL and on the web.
I managed to get to 5 sessions - all very good.
- Cynthia Calongne (Lyr Lobo-SL) Colorado Technical University in Second Life: The Amusement and the Maze Game Class Projects
- John Jamison (Virtual Bacon-SL) Two Years of Introducing Educators to Second Life in 60 Minutes, or:Tips for Dinosaur Wrangling
- Peggy Sheehy (Maggie Marat-SL), Catherine Parsons (Victoria Gloucster-SL), Kevin Jarrett (KJ Hax-SL) K-12 Panel: "To Affinity and Beyond: Fostering meaningful and productive relationships in a virtual reality environment"
- Peggy Sheehy (Maggie Marat-SL) Ramapo Islands: A New Dimension in Learning
- Lindy McKeown (Decka Mah-SL) Action Learning in Second Life
See also other participant's pics on Flickr.
I made a number of very useful contacts between sessions - some I hope to work with as I pursue the technical, educational and policy challenges of getting access to SecondLife in my school...
The educational benefits to students were made very clear by the above presenters - and the oft repeated advice in many sessions was to get educators and technicians and policy makers in there to see and experience an immersive world for themselves.